You are here
The Prairie Star District is a growing community of healthy, vital congregations in covenantal relationship with one another, transforming ourselves and our world by living our Unitarian Universalist principles.
- Healthy, vital congregations are those in which:
- Membership, resources, and the depth of religious, spiritual and intellectual experience are growing.
- Faith communities flourish
- Right relations (i.e., respectful communication and conduct) are fostered and promoted throughout the congregation
- Generosity is practiced and deeply rooted
- Racial and cultural equity grows
- A strong sense of denominational identity exists
- Congregations within the District live in covenant with each other and with the District when:
- Congregations within the District are connected in formal networks and clusters that create opportunities for collaboration and mentoring.
- Congregations participate in the life of the District.
- Congregations, in partnership with the UUA, move towards sustainability, wholeness, and reconciliation in the world through:
- Engagement in their communities, informed by our prophetic voice and public witness
- Growing awareness of Unitarian Universalism in the larger community
- Interfaith partnerships and alliances based on shared values that promote justice