You are here
District awards are given at the Prairie Star District Annual Conference. Nominating Forms for these awards are posted in the fall of the preceding year. Award recipients are selected by the District Awards Committee unless noted below. See Past Awards and Awards By Year for more information about the recipients of the awards.
- Unsung UU Award affirms those UU’s whose actions inspire, support, and express Unitarian Universalism, but have not been previously recognized. The award is given to a person or group whose lifetime activities have made a significant contribution to the cause of Unitarian Universalism.
- Keeping the Faith Award was established to recognize people who live by UU principles. It is presented to persons who have worked to keep Unitarian Universalism alive in their community and who touch the lives of congregation and community members in a positive way. (Established in 2000)
- PSD Social Justice Award pays tribute to those who witness to the ideals of social justice and responsibility so important to our UU heritage. Two awards are presented: one to an adult and one to a youth (under age 18).
- O. Eugene Pickett Award is presented annually to a congregation that has made an outstanding contribution to the growth of Unitarian Universalism. Last presented in 2005.
- President’s Award to recognize persons the PSD President deems to have made significant contributions to the District. Recipient selected by the President. (Established in 1998)
- Ellie Morton Award to honor an individual or individuals who have made a significant contribution to religious education in our District. The award recipient is selected by the PSD Chapter of the Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA).
- Betty Gorshe Heritage Award to recognize an individual or group who have made a significant contribution to preserving, understanding, and celebrating our Unitarian Universalist history. The award recipient is selected by the PSD History and Heritage Committee. (Established in 2005)