You are here
Dates and locations of future PSD Board meetings are below, and dates are included on the PSD Calendar.
PSD congregation members are welcome to observe meetings and/or to contact Board members to express an opinion on a topic to be discussed by the Board. To listen in on a Board conference call, registration is required.
for meetings will be posted (see links below) about a week before the meeting.
Minutes of board meetings will be posted on this page when available (approximately a month after the meeting).
Registration to listen to a Board conference callConference calls will include an online visual component. You must be reigistered to receive the call in phone number and web address.
- To register send an email with your name, congregation, and the date of the meeting you want to observe to the PSD President, Kathy Burek, kpburek [at] comcast [dot] net.
- To see the documents being discussed as well as hear the conversation, you will need a phone line and a computer with high speed Internet access.
- The phone number and access codes for the call will be sent in a confirmation email to those registered.
- The web address for the call will be sent by email before the call begins.
- Only one computer can be connected to the meeting per registration. Several people may participate from that one connection by gathering in one place and watching on the one computer that is connected.
- There is no charge to register, but there may be long distance charges on your phone bill.
- Registration will close at 4:00 PM on the Thursday before a Saturday meeting.
Hosting a Board Meeting
If your congregation is invited to host a Board meeting, here are the Board’s expectations.
Our usual practice is to approve minutes of our Annual Business Meeting at the Business Meeting the following year. Since we will not have a PSD Business Meeting in the future, we need a different process for approval of the 2013 minutes of our Business Meeting. If you were a delegate, please review the minutes and send any corrections by June 1, 2013 to Sarah Greene at sgreene [at] psduua [dot] org . The PSD Board will approve the minutes with any corrections, and post those online.
- Saturday, June 8, 2013 by conference call
- Saturday, May 11, 2013 by conference call
- Thursday evening and all day Friday, April 4-5, 2013 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Saturday, March 9, 2013 by conference call
- Saturday, February 16, 2013, 9:00 to 11:00 AM, by conference call (date changed)
- January 12, 2013 by conference call
- Saturday, December 8, 2012 by conference call
- Saturday, November 17, 2012 by conference call 9:00 AM to Noon (date changed)
- Monday, October 22, 2012 by conference call 7:30 PM (date changed)
- Saturday, September 8, 2012 by conference call (cancelled)
- Friday through Sunday, August 24-26, 2012 in person (Joint meeting with Central Midwest and Heartland District Boards), Rock Island, Illinois
- Saturday, August 11, 2012 by conference call
- Saturday, July 14, 2012 by conference call
- Saturday, June 9, 2012 by conference call
- Minutes 6-9-2012
- Saturday, May 12, 2012 by conference call
- Minutes 5-12-2012
- The Board Reading Packet including the agenda. It is a PDF containing 23 pages.
- Thursday, April 12 and Friday, April 13, 2012 in Bloomington, Minnesota
- Draft Minutes 4-13-2012
- The Board Reading Packet including the agenda. It is a PDF which contains 39 pages.
- Saturday, March 10, 2012 by conference call
- Minutes 3-10-2012
- The agenda for March 10 is:
- Appointment of Vicki Pratt to complete the vacant Board Secretary term ending on June 30, 2012
- Decide if the PSD Board will endorse the UUA Trustees’ proposed Responsive Resolution repudiating the Doctrine of Discovery
- Saturday, February 25, 2012 conference call
- November 12, 2011 Conference Call
- August 19–21, 2011 in person meeting in Dubuque, Iowa - Agenda
- June 4, 2011 Conference Call - Agenda
- April 7–8, 2011 at First Unitarian Church, Des Moines, Iowa - Agenda
- February 26, 2011, Conference Call 10:00 AM (Topics: UUA Proposal on District Financing and PSD Budget)
- January 25, 2011, Conference Call 7:00 to 9:00 PM (Topic: Policies on Monitoring Reports) Meeting canceled.