You are here
The two major addresses at the PSD Annual Conference are the Keynote Address and the Judy Lecture. For some of the past lectures, the text of those addresses is available to read here on the PSD Website. For more recent lectures, audio and/or video recordings are available.
The Arthur Markley Judy Foundation was established in 1923 by the Iowa Unitarian Association (one of the predecessors of the Prairie Star District) to ensure one or more speakers of repute at each annual conference, presenting topics along religious, philosophic, and scientific lines. The Rev. Arthur Markley Judy was minister of First Unitarian Church in Davenport, Iowa, from 1881 to 1907. His leadership extended throughout the entire Unitarian movement in Iowa through the agency of the Iowa Unitarian Association, which he served as secretary from 1885 to 1892 and president from 1896 to 1906. Prairie Star District has continued the tradition and offers the Arthur M. Judy Memorial Lecture at each annual conference.
- Keynote Address by Rev. Dr. Brian Eslinger
Telling Our Stories
- Judy Lectureby Rev. Dr. Kendyl Gibbons
Spiritual Maturity as the Goal of Faith Development
- Opening Worship Service presented by Jan Fitzgerald, Dr. Judy Sasser, Lori Allen, Sherry Warren
Worship Across the Ages
- Judy Lecture by Dr. Mark A. Hicks
Experience the Vision!
- Keynote Address by Linda Barnes and Mark Runquist
- Judy Lecture by Peter Mayer
- Keynote Address by Charlie Clements
Who Bears the Burden (not available)
- Judy Lecture by Rev. Meg Riley (not available)
- Keynote Address by Rev. Dr. Laurel E. Hallman
Try a Little Tenderness
- Judy Lecture by Dr. Bill Doherty
Home Grown Religion (not available)
- Keynote Address by Rev. Michael A. Schuler
Diversity in the UU Pew: Possibility or Pipe Dream?
- Judy Lecture by Rev. Rosemary Bray McNatt
Liberal Religion: A Date with History
- Keynote Address by Rev. Peter Morales
Making Room in Our Hearts
- Judy Lecture by Rev. William R. Murry
Growing Vital and Faithful Congregations