You are here
Our Whole Lives Training October 2012
Friday through Sunday
October 5-7, 2012
This training is for adults who want to teach the Our Whole Lives (OWL) sexuality curriculum in their congregations. This training will offer the workshop for the Middle School / High School (Grades 7–9 and 10–12) Curriculum.
Our Whole Lives helps participants make informed and responsible decisions about their sexual health and behavior. It equips participants with accurate, age-appropriate information in six subject areas: human development, relationships, personal skills, sexual behavior, sexual health, and society/culture. Grounded in a holistic view of sexuality, Our Whole Lives provides not only facts about anatomy and human development, but helps participants to clarify their values, building interpersonal skills, and understand the spiritual, emotional, and social aspects of sexuality.
Sexuality and Our Faith, a series of companion resources for Our Whole Lives, provides a framework for incorporating specific faith-based teaching and practice into each session of the curriculum. For more information, visit
- Unitarian Universalists http://www.uua.org/owl or
- United Church of Christ http://www.ucc.org/justice/sexuality-education/our-whole-lives.html.
- Friday, October 5, to Sunday, October 7, 2012
- 5:00 pm Friday evening to 4:00 pm Sunday afternoon
- Peace United Church of Christ
1503 Second Avenue NE
Rochester, Minnesota 55906
$195 (on or before September 14, 2012)
$225 (after September 14, 2012 if space is still available)
- Fee includes all snacks and meals, starting with dinner on Friday.
- Fee does not include curriculum.
- Fee does not include lodging.
NOTE: For all participants, please purchase and bring with you the OWL Curriculum for the appropriate age level (either Grades 7–9 or 10–12). In addition, UUA and UCC participants need to purchase and bring with you Sexuality and Our Faith for the appropriate age level. Both are available from:
- United Church of Christ Resources: 1-800-537-3394 (UCC OWL training participants will receive a 20% discount from UCC Resources.)
- the UUA Bookstore: http://uuabookstore.org (see the listings matching Our Whole Lives) or toll free 1–800–215–9076.
For discounted early bird fee: September 14, 2012
Final deadline:October 1, 2012 (Registrations accepted after September 14, only if space is available)
Fill out the online registration form below, then select your payment method at checkout.
Pay Online by Credit Card or Check
Pay by Mail
If you cancel on or before September 14, you will be charged a $15 processing fee. If you need to cancel your registration on or after September 15, you will need to find a replacement to attend the training. If no replacement is found, half of the registration fee will be refunded.
For more information contact
- Phillip Lund
- Director Faith Development and Congregational Growth, Prairie Star District – UUA
plund [at] psduua [dot] org