The PSD 2007 Annual Conference was held April 13–15 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- The Banner Parade was accompanied by our talented retiring President on bagpipes!
Brian Leading the Banner Parade
- The Keynote Address, “Try a Little Tenderness,” was given by Rev. Dr. Laurel Hallman, Senior Minister at First Unitarian Church of Dallas, Texas — but formerly from Prairie Star District.
- The Judy Lecture, “Home Grown Religion,” was given by Dr. Bill Doherty, Professor of Family Social Science at the University of Minnesota. He is giving a version of the same talk to General Assembly in June.
Text for “Home Grown Religion”
will be posted after General Assembly
- Awards were presented at the Saturday Awards Luncheon, and the President’s Award at the Annual Business Meeting Saturday afternoon.
- The 2007 Annual Report, as presented at the meeting, is available online.
- The Treasurer’s Narrative Report presented at the meeting to accompany the Financial Report in the 2007 Annual Report is available online.
- The slate of nominees was approved.
- Saturday’s session concluded with music from Wild Rhubarb and a worship service presented by the youth attending the conference.
- We collected a total of $4,168.00 for the American Refugee Committee’s Darfur program.
- An impassioned appeal from district youth for money to help keep the youth conference at Icaghowan affordable raised about $1000. Read the Open Letter from Icaghowan.
Next year in Omaha!
Award Recipients: Lowell Hanson, R. Allen Hays,
Beverly Schmidt, Cheryll Wallace,
Cheri Cody, Doree Gamble
Lighting the Chalice
President’s Award to the SCORE Board, accepted by Graham Kreicker
Outgoing Prez Brian Eslinger
Incoming Prez Kathy Bowman
The Appeal for Icaghowan
Capturing it for posterity
Member of Wild Rhubarb