Registered youth in Grades 7–12 will take part in the full Annual Conference.
- This year, Youth are invited to attend workshops. Some may be especially appealing, including the “Cosmic Walk” and the Drumming Workshop. Both will be held at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Duluth.
- After lunch on Saturday, there will be a special youth field trip to the Clayton Jackson McGhie Memorial and a walking tour on the way (weather permitting) of some historic buildings that have been carefully preserved and upgraded for state-of-the-art use in the 21st Century.
- Youth registration includes the Conference breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday and the Saturday awards luncheon.
- Youth will have their own dinner party before the Saturday night entertainment.
- Youth participants will create the worship service on Saturday evening.
Each youth attendee must have a sponsor from their congregation who is also attending the PSD Conference. Sponsor responsibilities include attending the Friday night orientation session, maintaining contact with youth, and supporting youth during the weekend.
- Deadline for Youth Registration is March 16, 2009
- The youth registration fee is $60.
- Youth registrants must complete both the regular Conference Registration Form and the Youth Supplement (permission). See the Registration page.
- Scholarship money for youth is available. Contact Sherry Warren, the PSD Youth & Young Adult Specialist, at 785-594-3993 or email@example.com
- Conference registration does not include housing. See accomodations below.
- Youth must make their own hotel reservations with their families or sponsors.
- See General Info for information about the conference hotel and how to make reservations there.
- The deadline for the conference rate at the hotel is March 6, 2009.
Youth Conference Guidelines
Each youth attendee must agree to follow these guidelines:
All members of our community are empowered and encouraged to voice their opinions, objections, or concerns at any time. People and property are to be respected. The activities below are not permitted under any circumstances:
- Using alcohol or drugs (with the exception of prescriptions)
- Carrying weapons of any kind
- Engaging in violent, inappropriate, sexual, demeaning, derogatory, or offensive behavior