- The main Conference Hotel is the Radisson Quad City Plaza in downtown Davenport (see below).
- The alternative hotel is the Holiday Inn Rock Island across the Mississippi in Rock Island (also below).
- Both hotels have generously offered conference attendees the opportunity to reserve space for up to three days before or after the conference at the conference rate. Take this chance to see Davenport and the other Quad Cities! Let your hotel know when you reserve your room whether you want to reserve for additional days.
- Most conference activities will take place at the Radisson Hotel and the near-by RiverCenter. There are no conference activities at the Holiday Inn.
- 111 East Second Street
Davenport, IA 52801
1.800.333.3333 (toll free)
1.563.322.2200 (direct to the hotel)
Radisson neighborhood in Google Maps
- Rates – The conference room rate is $119 per night, available if you make reservations prior to March 16, 2010. After that, any remaining rooms in our block will go up for sale to the public and may or may not be available for you to reserve.
- When making reservations mention that you are reserving for the Prairie Star District Conference. This will give you the room block rate.
Choose this hotel if you want to be close to all conference activities all the time! This four-star hotel has many amenities such as a waterfall and a magnificent six-story lobby. Treat yourself to living in style for a few days! In the Radisson you will find:
- A Great Location – The hotel is located in downtown Davenport, within walking distance of the Mississippi River, the RiverCenter, the Figge Art Museum, the River Music Experience, the city’s skywalk overview of the Mississippi River, and other downtown attractions including the Bucktown Center for the Arts.
- Convenience – The Radisson and RiverCenter are connected by skywalk. However, if you prefer, you may access them at street level as well.
- Radisson Guest Check-In – The Radisson’s main entrance is on street level on Second Street, near the middle of the block. Enter and turn to your right to find the hotel’s check-in counter.
- Conference Registration – Conference registration is in the lobby of the Raddison, immediately inside the Radisson’s Second Street (north) entrance. Conference registration will be open from 3:00 to 8:00 pm Friday and from 7:00 to 11:00 am on Saturday.
- Convenient Parking – Parking in the RiverCenter Ramp across 2nd Street (north) from the Radisson is $6.00 per night for hotel guests. If you park in the ramp, please take the skywalk south to access the hotel. You will then need to go down one floor, by elevator or stairs, to the registration lobby.
- Handicapped Parking – If you need this service, please park in the lot behind the hotel (between River Drive and Second Street) or in the RiverCenter Ramp.
- Amenities – Wireless access is available throughout the hotel. The hotel also offers an indoor swimming pool, a 24-hour business center, a fitness center, and a shuttle to and from the airport and the Holiday Inn Rock Island.
Please note that check-in time is 3:00 pm and checkout time is 12 noon. If you check out late (between 12:00 noon and 4:00 pm) the hotel may charge a fee equal to one-half the group daily rate.
Also note that you may cancel your room up to 72 hours prior to check-in at no cost; after that, the hotel will charge you the daily rate for the first night.
- 226 17th Street
Rock Island, IL 61201
1.888.HOLIDAY (1.888.465.4329) (toll free)
1.309.794.1212 (direct to hotel)
http://www.holidayinn.com (click “United States” and type “Rock Island”)
Holiday Inn neighborhood in Google Maps
- Rates – $79 per night. This conference rate is for reservations received by March 23.
- When making reservations mention that you are reserving for the Prairie Star District Conference. This will give you the conference room block rate.
This Rock Island hotel is located just across the Mississippi River – easily accessible by your vehicle or by hotel vans. It has many of the amenities of the Radisson. In the Holiday Inn Rock Island, you will find:
- Convenient Location – The hotel is located in the heart downtown Rock Island, near the Centennial Bridge to Davenport, just 1.6 miles and a few minutes by vehicle from the conference hotel. (It’s about half an hour by foot, but with great views from the pedestrian path on the Centennial Bridge.)
- Free Parking
- Amenities – Wireless access is available throughout the hotel. Other amenities include a sauna and an indoor pool, a health and fitness center, and a free airport shuttle and van to the conference hotel.
- Other Conveniences – Pets are allowed and kids eat free.
- Free Shuttle Service – The hotel offers van service to the conference hotel and other conference venues in downtown Davenport on a pre-arranged schedule.
A number of local Unitarians are eager to host individuals or families during the conference.
- Just check the appropriate box on the registration form. A member of our Home Hospitality Committee will contact you to determine your needs and match you with an appropriate host family.
- In exchange, we do ask that you make a good-will donation in an amount that fits your budget. Your donation, if by check, should be made out to Unitarian Church (Davenport) with memo home hospitality. The church will use these funds first to support registration costs for local volunteers who cannot afford the conference fees. If additional funds remain, we will apply them to conference expenses.
- Please give this donation to your host before leaving the Quad Cities.
- Home hospitality requests will not be accepted after April 8.
To find other conference attendees interested in sharing a hotel room, please see Room Sharing.